Sometimes we need a little pick me up in the afternoon or a small snack after an intense workout!
These are it!! And you can ditch those over-processed protein or high sugar granola bars!
Made with pea protein powder (85% protein content, I got mine from the Bulk Barn), these are super high protein … about 9 grams of protein per ball with this recipe!!
These little guys are made with peanut butter. You can also use almond butter or hazelnut butter … yum!
Store them in an airtight container in the fridge … they’ll last for about a week!
And they’re quick: you can whip these up in about 5 minutes! So easy! This recipe makes about 8 balls (depending how big your ice cream scoop or spoon is).
- 2/3 cup pea protein powder
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter (no sugar)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (liquid honey would also do)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Here’s how to make them:
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl; mix well with a wooden spoon until the mixture is crumbly.
- Get your (clean) hands dirty: take an ice cream scoop for measuring, scoop a full scoop (ha ha) onto your hand and form into a ball. If you don’t have an ice cream scoop, a tablespoon will do!
- Place in airtight container and store in the fridge. They may get a little drier as time goes on. Enjoy!