Who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate chip anything? I find this flavour pleases pretty much anyone. These make the perfect breakfast (for me at least, maybe for you too) or afternoon snack – and they contain a lot less sugar than a peanut butter cup!!
- 4 cups quick cooking oats (organic if possible)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup flax seeds (or ground flax)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
Here’s how it’s done:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the oats, salt and chocolate chips in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- In a high-speed blender, mix the almond milk, flax seeds, peanut butter and honey until the flax is completely ground.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the oat mixture and blend well with a wooden spoon. The oat will be slightly wet and the mixture will be thick.
- Spoon mixture into a loaf pan (I used this one here, about 12 x 5 inches). If using a regular loaf pan, be sure to grease the pan with a pastry brush and oil, like coconut or grape seed oil
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool before turning the pan upside down and plopping the loaf onto a large plate or cutting board.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge – cut into bars when ready to eat (not before putting the loaf in the fridge – the slices/ bars will get dry).
- Enjoy! Slather a layer of peanut butter on top for added flavour and protein in the morning.